Where Youth Engagement Happens
Organizations that want to engage young people shouldn’t treat them at blank slates.
Instead, they should acknowledge that children and youth live complex lives that are full of different opportunities to become engaged. When adults ask youth and young adults to become engaged in something specific, they are asking whole, complete human beings to disengage from something else. Every young person is 100% human right now, in every way, everyday.
No matter what age young people are, whatever issue or action they’re engaged in is a reflection of what they value. Because of this, it’s easy to assume children and youth have different values than adults.
However, that isn’t the case for many young people. Instead, they frequently and simply don’t know that there are other things they can be engaging in than what they’re currently engaged in.
- What Is Youth Engagement?
- What Youth Engagement is Not
- How to See Youth Engagement
- Why Youth Engagement Happens
- Where Youth Engagement Happens
- How to Engage Youth
- How to Support Youth Engagement
- 111 Ways to Engage Youth
- The Future of Youth Engagement
- The Cycle of Engagement
- The Practice of Youth Engagement by Adam Fletcher
- An Introduction to Youth Engagement in the Economy by Adam Fletcher
- A Unique Guide to Youth Engagement by Adam Fletcher
- The Freechild Project Youth Engagement Workshop Guide by Adam Fletcher
Other tools are out there, too – share your thoughts in the comments below! For more information about how The Freechild Project can support youth engagement in your community or organization, contact us.