There are several resources available on Youth Mainstreaming. They include some of the following.
- “Mainstreaming of Youth” presentation by Kassoum Coulibaly for UNESCO. Formatted as a PDF document, this 2006 presentation shares the basics of Youth Mainstreaming from the perspective of UNESCO.
- “UNESCO – Mainstreaming the Needs of Youth” by the Youth Co-Ordination Unit of UNESCO. Opening by insisting that, “The most ardent wish of young people is to participate, as full and equal citizens, in today’s world,” this publication is a must-read introduction to Youth Mainstreaming.
- “Youth Mainstreaming as a Strategic Tool for Youth Development” by the Commonwealth Youth Division / Youth Programme. This document shares Youth Mainstreaming as a strategy, rationale, and action plan for mainstreaming youth issues.
- “Engaging and Mainstreaming Youth in Development Agenda Youth Make it Happen” by Sana Zia and Hira Hafeez Ur Rehman for Social Science Research Network. This paper summarizes and recommends actionable policy development that promotes Youth Mainstreaming in the UNDP youth plan for Pakistan.
- “UNESCO’S Contribution: Empowering Youth through National Policies” by United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization. This publication summarizes the international organization’s approaches to youth in nation policymaking, including Youth Mainstreaming.
Share your thoughts in the comments below! For more information about how the Freechild Institute can support Youth Mainstreaming in your community or organization, contact us.